Call us to get an answer from our experts
Do introverts have future in business?
Actually, they do. What is more, majority of businessmen in Ukraine are in fact introverts though they do not always acknowledge it.
From my experience over 80 % of Ukrainian business men are latent introverts. Why latent? The reason is that everyone understands the difference between introverts and extroverts being confident that the latter are more successful.
At the same time there are no pure psychological types in real life. Everyone possesses traits of character typical for both introverts and extroverts. However introverts often try to mask themselves as extroverts as the public opinion favors more open and proactive personalities in business.
Here are several arguments to support the benefits of introverts.
- Introverts plan their day. This gives them more opportunities to think, analyze, contemplate and, in the end, see the bigger picture.
- Introverts rarely speak at the conferences as they do not like playing to the crowd leaving this role to extroverts. It’s quite easy for the audience to see the difference between the person who just wants to show off and the one who takes the stand to share valuable ideas with fellow businessmen.
Introverts create better teams as they are skillful listeners. What is more, not only do they hear ideas of others, but also they are even willing to bring them into lifeIntroverts prefer to be personally responsible for the result. They chose it over team work and meetings which leave a chance to hide behind colleagues’ backs. At the same time, introverts create better teams as they are skillful listeners. What is more, not only do they hear ideas of others, but also they are even willing to bring them into life. They rarely meddle into their subordinate’s affairs and tend to trust them.
- You won’t find a lot of introverts in politics as they don’t care about ratings but value results, innovative ideas and bold experiments instead.
- Introverts like to share their knowledge with others and create work places. They might even choose non-standard directions and eagerly challenge clichés and stereotypes.
- Introverts treat all of their employees with respect. They rarely choose pets thus offering equal opportunities for all the subordinates.
- Introverts try to abide classical commandments of leadership which is not to play with emotions and feelings. They try not to demonstrate their welfare by expensive clothes, cars or beautiful women.
- Introverts implement the skills traditional for other spheres, in business.
Then why do introverts try so hard to pose as extroverts? Because this is the ways things are done. Everyone is expected to work as a team and not eat alone, or not to judge success of others by their belongings. By the way, that is typical for economies of primary capital formation. In Ukraine businessman is more likely to buy high-profile vehicle instead of the one he really wants. However money provides freedom to create instead of gain. Global economy multiplies available options to remain social with the least damage to the inner self. Social networks are vivid examples of the above as they provide the platform for long-distance communications with dozens of people. My advice is to admit to being an introvert if you really are one and to free your personality instead of trying to change yourself by following conventional standards.